This Privacy Notice sets out how The Dramatic Heart of Wales uses your information and the rights that you have in relation to the General Data Protection Regulations 2016.
Who we are?
The Dramatic Heart of Wales website and brand is owned and managed by the Tourism Service within Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council. The Tourism Service is the official provider of tourist information for the county of Neath Port Talbot.
Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council (NPTCBC), acts as Data Controller for the personal data that the NPTCBC Tourism Service (who are responsible for promoting Dramatic Heart of Wales) holds about you.
The personal information that we hold about you.
If you join our mailing list by completing a sign up form on www.dramaticheart.wales we will request the following information:
- Email address (required)
- Home post code (not required)
- Your interests such as; walking, cycling, mountain biking, heritage etc (not required)
- The nature of your group, i.e. group size, family, friends etc. (not required)
How we use your information.
If you join our mailing list by completing a sign up form on www.dramaticheart.wales we will use your personal information to;
- Periodically send the Dramatic Heart of Wales newsletter to the email address you have provided.
- Send you information such as news, events or promotions which we feel are of interest to you based on the interests, group type or postcode you have stated upon sign up.
- If you consent to being contacted for research purposes you may be sent voluntary questionnaires seeking your views on visiting our website and destination
You may unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in any email you receive from us or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Tourism Service by telephone on 01639 686417.
We will use your personal email address to send you information as set out above.
If you provide your post code we will use this information for the purpose of analysing where our visitors and potential visitors come from. We may also use this information to direct marketing materials and emails to a specific geographical area.
If you use the check boxes to indicate your areas of interest (i.e. walking, cycling, mountain biking, heritage etc.) we will use this information to send you information via email which is relevant to these interests.
We use a system called Campaign Monitor to distribute our newsletter and send you promotions which may be of interest to you. This personal data is collected only where you provide your consent that you wish to be kept informed about visiting the area.
Our legal basis for using your information and how long we will keep it for.
The legal basis on which we process your personal data is your consent.
You will have expressed this consent by selecting relevant tick boxes on www.dramaticheart.wales when signing up to our database.
The data you have provided during sign up to our database will be stored in our secure mailing system database for 2 years at which time you will be contacted to update or remove your data from the database. Alternatively you are able to unsubscribe at any time by contacting us on the details above.
Your rights in relation to your information.
Please be advised that under GDPR individuals are given the following rights in regards to their personal data:
- The right of access to their personal data held by a data controller.
- The right to have inaccurate data corrected by a data controller.
- The right to have their data erased (in certain limited circumstances).
- The right to restrict the processing of their data by a data controller (in certain limited circumstances).
- The right to object to their data being used for direct marketing.
- The right to data portability (i.e. electronic transfer of data to another data controller).
You have the right to complain to the Information commissioner about any breach of your data protection rights. Details of how you can do this are on the Information Commissioners Office website www.ico.org.uk
Further information on all the above rights may be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s website: www.ico.org.uk.
How to contact us.
If you have any questions about how NPTCBC uses your information or you wish to contact us to make a complaint about the use of your information please contact the NPTCBC Data Protection Officer at the following address;
Data Protection Officer
Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council